2016 was a good year for us, and hope it was for you as well ~
Below is a quick summary of our most memorable notes of the year (in no particular order):
- Had some great travel time in San Diego and St. Louis - highly recommend both!
- Shipped the kids to the Grandparents (in Iowa) to get their little hands dirty on the farm. Then Mom and Dad HIT THE TOWN. And slept. A lot.
- Kevin became a magician after graduating from Magic University (lesser known competitor to Hogwarts). He volunteers regularly at the University of Chicago Children's Hospital (Comer), bringing home inspiring and sweet stories with each experience.
- Tracy planned to pick up tennis again -- purchased a membership, gathered gear, and made court reservations. Then fell down some stairs, twisted her knee, landing her in physical therapy. Trying again in 2017!
- Chase loves Kindergarten, has become a confident reader/writer, and recently started making his own dinners (always with a "touch" of salami). Related note: parents have had more cleanup to do in the kitchen area.
- Kiefer has yet to meet a car, train, or truck he doesn't want to play with and will do nearly anything for a skittle. Quite possibly the sweetest and kindest friend we have ever witnessed.
- After a full year and not a little cash, our kids have grown leaps and bounds as swimmers. Previously it felt like forcing cats into a bath; now their heads are under water and some independent swimming is happening!
All the best to you this holiday season ~
Kevin, Tracy, Chase (6 years) & Kiefer (4 years)