This weekend I pulled together a Car Themed Do-It-Yourself Party for my 3 year old, and wanted to share for those who also have car enthusiasts at home! After spending hours researching ideas online, I pulled together these favorites, which ended up being hits for the kids too!
The theme revolved around the collateral found on Etsy - LuluPaperPrints
She worked with this pattern to create invitations, Food Tent Cards, and some of the signs below:
Next came the activities - wanted something where kids didn't have to be watched 24/7 (it's a party for parents, too, for goodness sake!) and where everyone would still have fun!
We chose (we, who are we kidding...my husband learned what was happening the day of):
- Car Photo - Made with cardboard and Spray Paint, specialized license plate
- Race Track - Raced hot wheels down the track - Made by our Grandpa, so one of a kind :)
- Emissions Testing - Bubbles
- Create a Road - Chalk
- Car Detail - Paint your own wooden car (huge hit!). Cars, Smocks, Paints, Buckets
- Dealership - A few cars kids could "test" drive
- Tire Testing - Bean Bags tossed at inflatable tires
- City Paths - Used indoor road tape and existing buildings, train set, etc to create a city. And every city needs a farm, zoo, and super heros :)
For snacks, we tried to keep the theme as well. It was morning, so we didn't have to have a lot (pro tip ;)
- Spare Tires - Oreos
- Dipsticks - Pretzel Rods with Cheese Dip
- Fruit Cars - Apple Slices with Grapes Tires
- Body Shop - Extra grape "tires"
- Traffic Lights - Rice Krispies with M&M lights
- PB&J - Shaped like cars (used car shaped cookie cutter)
- Red Car Cake - Grocery Store
We had a great time and I had a blast putting it all together!!
...and HUGE thanks to my husband and the Grandparents for creating the race track, and getting up early to make PB&J sandwiches and fruit cars!!
We had a blast!