A Good Day

Sometimes I have a terrible day and pray when I greet Chase at daycare that

1) he is happy to see me
2) he decides not to throw a temper tantrum the rest of the evening (which is a tougher wish more and more)

Very rarely are both goals met.  Number two is usually the culprit.

Today I was worn down mentally and physically.  Feeling beat up.  All I wanted was to dwell on & pity myself.

As I walked into school, I prayed my 1 & 2.  And today he knocked both out of the park.  When he saw me, he cracked a big smile, opened his arms wide and cried out "DADA!"

Okay, obviously we need to work on that.

Regardless, he was excited to see me (or Dad's stand-in anyway).

I wanted to be alone to sulk, but Chase knew better.  We met a lovely new friend on the bus, watched some middle-school kids play basketball, and waved to numerous strangers as we jogged the last block home.  He minded all directions, ate his full meal, and went to bed like a dream.  I almost don't believe it.

My little guy reminded me to see the silver lining.  Not by looking for a great or amazing sign, but by seeing the Amazing and Great in the everyday.

Something as simple as the excitement on his face while he watches a bouncing ball or the smile of a stranger when Chase says High-Low (hello) in his tiny toddler voice.  Sometimes that little guy can really turn my day around.

Thanks to Chase, it was indeed a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Two is on the Way!

What Not to Say

My Apology